Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Honokowai Park - Part 2

As promised there is more to this park then what I presented previously as hoard of visitors come here daily and some even spend the night here.

[caption id="attachment_386" align="aligncenter" width="900"] One of the many large trees along the beach[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_387" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Visitors watching the sunset[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_388" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Watching the sunset with Molokai to the right[/caption]

During my stay I went to Honokowai Park every evening to see if I would get an amazing sunset but each time it was a disappointment.  I even changed locations to different beaches but only met with disappointed each time.  The sky was usually lackluster and devoid of color.  The clouds were sparse and few making for very bland sunset imagery. I did have to change my technique and found other ways to capture a more memorable photo.  However, ironically on my last evening and having already given up and packed my camera gear as I was walking home and past the park, I saw amazing clouds, beautiful colors, great lighting all around.  The one sunset photos I wanted but it was too lately.  Now I can only hope for the next time.

For now does Honokowai look better during sunset? I think it's actually kind of scary with the reef and dark waters.  I don't do dark waters. Come back again later for the night photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment