Friday, April 2, 2010

Photoshop - Content Aware

There has been alot of hype lately with so much talk about the new Photoshop 5 content aware fill features.  See below:



I've seen this concept before and I thought it was amazing and brought me back to my Computer Science background. It made me wonder how they would visualize the image to be able to understand the content around it to make the fill. This this video showed up on a site that made it clearer:



It discusses Seam carving or Content-Aware Image Resizing (CAIR) at a technical level and more importantly the features of which I've been trying to do with some of my photographs. All of this new revelation blew my mind. I think what made it even more amazing was after looking it up on wikipedia, Photoshop has acquired this technology and it some of it's feature currently exist in Photoshop 4!!!!

Now if you do a some googling around you'll find sites like this Digital Photography School which provides a pretty good tutorial of how to do.  I think this is going to keep me busy for a while!

This is the video that blew my mind when it first came out. This was before the sneak peek from Photoshop 5.

1 comment: